Converting heat into multiple applications
ALSOLEN products electricity during day and night
The electricity production is ensured:
- During the day, by a photovoltaic solar field
- During the night, by a turbine and generator, fed by discharging the heat produced beforehand through a Fresnel’s solar field.
Thanks to the relay provided by the Thermal Energy Storage system, electricity can be produced not only during daylight hours but also after sunset.
Therefore, the times at which electricity is produced comply with urban or industrial profile consumption.
The high ratio of electricity availability and the quality of the supplied power, ensure a valuable potential for selling electricity on smart-grids.
The main applications are:
- Deliver electricity on isolated grids, replacing diesel generators
- Supplying electricity to the national grid
ALSOLEN integrates the whole water desalination's technologies
Water desalination is another ALSOLEN’s power plants application obtained by optimizing at the most the available electrical and thermal energy.
For purposes of cost optimization, ALSOLEN integrates, depending on the needs, two technologies for this application:
- Multi-Effect Distillation (MED)
- Reverse Osmosis (RO)
There is a wide range of possibilities:
- Drinking water
- Irrigation Water
- Washing water
- Clear demineralized water for industries
ALSOLEN from ice to air conditioning
Refrigeration is a basic need for human being in hot areas where solar plants can be implemented. Combining this production with other uses is essential for cost optimization.
ALSOLEN has chosen to integrate the absorption chillers technology in order to obtain the best return possible in cogeneration.
The applications fields are:
- Cold water or fresh air to be used by:
- Air conditioning
- Ice production
ALSOLEN is competitive for industrial applications
The heat produced by the solar field can be directly used for a large spectrum of industrial processes.
When the solar field heat has been used to produce electricity (or other applications), the remaining heat is still usable and recoverable.
The following examples are possible applications:
- Generating heat for electricity power stations (solar boost)
- Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR)
- Industrial drying
- Heating and pre-heating