Innovation for competitiviness
The best technical compromise for cost efficiency
ALSOLEN has decided to develop its solar field based upon the Fresnel mirrors principle. It provides numerous benefits, particularly for isolated sites such as:
- Small size reflectors and less sensitive to the wind load factor
- Reflectors placed on the ground, thereby reducing shade
- Separation of the receiver from the reflectors, with solely the reflectors rotating
- Structures less bulky and more resistant
- Reduced manufacturing costs
- Local manufacturing principle
Thermal Energy Storage
ALSOLEN’s thermal energy storage the heart of our solutions
The thermal storage solutions developed by ALSOLEN are able to cover a wide range of temperature going from 300°C to 450°C.
Depending on the customer’s requirements and the nature of the thermal concentrated solar power plants, ALSOLEN provides two different solutions:
- ALSOLEN 300: A direct rock-bed oil storage system using the thermocline principle
- ALSOLEN 450: A three stages storage system adapted to follow the steam’s physical properties
The energy stored is at the same temperature as the one coming out of the solar field.
Whatever the technology, the thermal energy storage solutions present many advantages:
- Adaptable design to the number of hour’s storage required (several hours)
- An extended lifetime (over 25 years)
- Easy to install and use
- Low cost
- Zero environmental risks
Thermal energy storage is used to overcome any momentary lack of sunlight and to ensure that consumer requirements can be met outside hours of daylight. The system is sized according to consumer profiles. Storage is essential to ensure access to energy at the times when demand is highest, and when its availability is lowest and therefore the most valuable.
Local employment as a fundamental principle
ALSOLEN has developed an innovative mobile factory dedicated to the manufacturing processes of the Fresnel solar field.
Combining high technology and easy to operate equipments, the mobile factory is set up and produces near the solar power plant to implement.
These outstanding industrial organization gives 3 major advantages to ALSOLEN:
- Minimized logistics costs
- Local employment favored
- Drastically reduced carbon footprint